I was so thrilled by the potential of scrap wood that I went to Beard True Value Hardware on Main Street
to buy my own set of tools for my new found art series. Hubert and Florence Beard were probably in their 70’s when I met them but boy were they the kindest hardware folks and they assisted me in so many ways during my 3 month stay in Vermont. I hope one day to visit them again to talk about the hard and soft ware of life!
So, if you are lucky enough to live near a construction site or a lumber yard, be on the look out, for amidst that mountain of scrap wood lies art waiting to be born!
picture hanger and screws
- Source your local lumber yard or construction site and ask if you could ask for some scrap wood.
- Play around with your found wood and work on your composition.
- Screw the pieces together. Paint.
- Adhere add-ons using wood glue.
- Attach picture hanger on the back of your artwork.
And there you go– from junk to a work of art. Enjoy your masterpiece!