Animal Crafts for Kids 4: Pipe Cleaner DOGGIE
Welcome to Day 4 of Animal Crafts for Kids. Today we will learn how to make a darling of a doggie using pipe cleaners.
As an introduction to the crafting activity it’ll be nice to read GO DOG GO by P. D. Eastman or show the video attached below:
Now we are ready to make a
Pipe Cleaner DOGGIE!
- 2 pink pipe cleaners
- 1 black pipe cleaner
- 1 set googly eyes
- craft glue
- stick and plastic lid (to use for glue)
1. Use one pink pipe cleaner to make the basic body form of the doggie.
2. Cut the 2nd pink pipe cleaner into half to make the legs of the doggie (see photo below).
3. Twist leg piece once around bottom of tail of main body shape.
4. Attach the front leg piece once around at the base of the neck.
5. Using the black pipe cleaner, cut two bits for ears and one short piece to roll into a nose for the doggie.
6. Attach ears and nose using craft glue.
7. Attach googly eyes using craft glue. Set dog aside to dry.
And there you have it –
your very own Pipe Cleaner DOGGIE!
|Animal Crafts for Kids #4
“Pipe Cleaner Doggie”
A Dog Quote For Us Today:
“A dog is the only thing on earth
that loves you more than he loves himself.”