As prescribed by Paulina Constancia
from Campbell Soup
4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
12 oz (340 g) mixed mushrooms, shitake, oyster,
or cremini, chopped
1 small onion, diced fine
2 garlic cloves, chopped
¾ cup (175 mL) Arborio rice
½ cup (125 mL) white wine
1 carton (480 mL) CAMPBELL’S Stock First ™ Chicken stock
(or use Campbell’s VEGETABLE STOCK)
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
1 cup (250 mL) spinach, chopped (optional)
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in heavy bottom sauce pot over medium heat and sauté mushrooms, about 4-6 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil and sauté onion until soft, 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
3. Add rice and stir to coat with oil, add wine and cook until wine is absorbed.
4. Add stock ¼ cup at a time, stirring frequently, adding more as it is absorbed by the rice until all the stock is absorbed; about 30-35 minutes over medium heat. Rice should be creamy in appearance, firm, but not crunchy.
5. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese, then stir in parsley, mushrooms and spinach. Serve immediately.
Try experimenting with different greens in this dish like curly endive or swiss chard.
If you are feeling really adventurous, spread the risotto onto a baking sheet and allow it to cool. Then form the risotto into puck like patties and fry them. Use these as the starch component of a larger dish.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
410 Calories, 24g Fat, 940mg Sodium, 36g Carbohydrate, 1g Dietary Fibre, 13g Protein, 20% Daily Value Calcium
GOOD SOURCE OF CALCIUM
Check out other delicious recipes on Campbell’s Kitchen dot Com