Plato said, “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” And if I may add.. and if given paper, scissors and glue, a cardmaker too!
Here is a card perfect to make for that special someone in your life!
|Handmade Valentine Cards
by Paulina Constancia
You will need…
Card material: Cardstock Paper (different colors)
Decorative material: Origami paper/old printed wrapping paper
Backing material: Foam sheets
Cardboard or used plastic folder for heart pattern
White dimensional paint
White glue or Double-sided tape (whichever you prefer)Let’s Begin…
- Make a heart pattern using cardboard or used plastic folder.
- Use the pattern to cut matching hearts out of the backing material and decorative material.
- Stick decorative paper onto foam hearts using adhesive of your choice.
- Use dimensional paint to draw diagonal lines to wrap edges of the foam heart (this is to mimic white stitches which I did the first time I made this card).
- Allow the card to dry.
- Fold card material into half and stick foam hearts to front of the card. (In my sample I put the heart slanted to the right)
[Optional] Stick a colored paper insert on one side of the card using paper that matches the color of the heart.
So do… as James Taylor says, “Shower the people you love with love. Show them the way that you feel.” A handmade card says and means a lot!